Job Description: Multiple positions and locations in Northern Virginia. A successful candidate will provide software design and developer expertise in support of both maintenance and new feature development tasks Additionally they will provide support in the areas of data extraction, transformation and load (ETL), data mapping, data extraction, analytical support, operational support, database support, and maintenance support of data and associated systems. As a member of the team, candidates will work in a multi-tasking, quick-paced, dynamic, process-improvement environment that requires experience with the principles of large-scale (terabytes) database development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation.
Clearance: Most positions require a Top Secret/SCI clearance with Active Polygraph.
- BS or higher degree in systems engineering, computer science, information technology or related field.
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent communication (oral/written) skills with respect to team members, peers, and management with only general guidance.
- Self-motivated with highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under very broad direction with minimal supervision.
- Full software development life cycle experience in a mission-centric environments (Requirements assessment, design, coding, testing and production support)
- Excellent S/W design skills and knowledge of advanced data structures
- Experience working with pre-existing and large code baselines
- Experience with the following languages: Java/J2EE, C, C++, SQL, XML, XQuery, XPath, Ruby on Rails, HTML/XHTML, CSS, Perl, Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of servers operating systems; Windows, Linux, AIX, UNIX, Linux Clusters, Grid Computing, Blade Centers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to comprehend database methodologies
- Focus on continual process improvement with a proactive approach to problem solving